Birtellis’ Michelin Starred Exec Chef Launches Pizza Kits

A family making pizza at home with a pizza kit

Birtelli’s are an artisan pizza company, based in Leamington Spa, who have recently launched Birtelli’s Pizza Kits — enabling customers to build artisan quality pizzas, at home.

Birtelli’s was founded in 2017 by two brothers, Jim and Jag Biryah, who often found themselves enjoying an artisan pizza at one of the many independent pizzerias popping up in the boroughs, but this also led to them noticing a lack of focus on quality.

The opportunity seemed obvious: the market for home delivery was dominated by big chains, offering highly-processed American-style pizzas, and smaller takeaways, offering low-quality pizza.

This drove them to set up an artisan pizzeria in Leamington Spa, offering high quality, stone baked pizza, delivered straight to your door.

Since then, branded (low carbon) Birtelli’s cars have become a nightly sight around the streets of Leamington Spa and Warwick.  

The first store has been a massive success with weekly pizza orders during lock-down – outstrip the same period in 2019, even though opening hours were reduced to 5 nights a week (from 7) between April and August, to balance resourcing challenges.

The store is now back at 7 nights a week as from this month.

A family making pizza at home with a pizza kit

During lockdown, Birtelli’s launched their home pizza kits, to allow customers to build their own pizzas, while keeping the Birtelli’s focus on quality.

Related Products

Customers can now order a par-baked ‘crafted base’, ready for toppings and then oven bake, or a ball of Birtelli’s dough, for those who have their own pizza oven and wish to do it themselves.

For the toppings, customers choose from a selection of Birtelli’s pizzas, or a ‘guest’ pizza, as a base and can then customise it, by adding or removing ingredients, to suit their taste(s).

“The provenance and quality of ingredients is an absolute priority to create the best pizza possible.

Paul Foster, Birtellis’ Executive Chef, Michelin Starred Chef and Restaurateur

All the customer has to do, for a high quality artisan style pizza, is assemble and bake.

Birtelli’s pizza kits are now available across the UK, with next-day delivery. Their packaging is currently 96% plastic free, with the remaining 4% being recyclable. They are aiming to get to 100% plastic free in the future.

Birtelli’s were a finalist at the Leamington Business Awards 2017/18 as ‘New Business of the Year,’ and were rated the No.1 pizzeria on Tripadvisor across Warwickshire, in 2018.

You can find out more about Birtelli’s, or order a pizza kit, from their website.