Philip Kingsley: ‘Flaky/Itchy’ Dry Shampoo Which Tackles Dandruff
Philip Kingsley’s brand new Flaky/Itchy Scalp Soothing Dry Shampoo is the first ever dry shampoo to target the root cause of dandruff, absorbing excess oil and sebum.
It refreshes, calms and soothes the scalp in-between washes, leaving it looking fresh and clean.
Renowned hair-care brand, Philip Kingsley has launched its’ Flaky/Itchy Range, which consists of an Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, a Scalp Toner and Mask, and it also includes a Hydrating Conditioner and a Scalp Soothing Dry Shampoo.
Their new Flaky/Itchy Hydrating conditioner is lightweight and specially formulated for oily hair, to leave your feeling moisturized, manageable and tangle free. It contains Paptaua oil for moisturising, Pro Vitamin B5 for body boosting and shine, and Betaine to soften and hydrate hair.
Furthermore, it refreshes, calms and soothes the scalp in-between washes, leaving it looking fresh and clean.
Their Dry Shampoo contains Aloe Vera to offer relief from irritation, Menthyl Lactate to soothe and cool the scalp, Bisabolol derived from Chamomile to enhance the appearance of dry or damaged skin, and Zinc PCA for its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
Fighting flakes since 1957, Philip Kingsley was a pioneer in recognising that a healthy scalp environment is the key to maintaining healthy hair.
If stress was not already at an all-time high due to COVID, new research conducted by hair and scalp experts Philip Kingsley has reported that Brits are scratching their head more than ever, and findings reveal that almost four out of five (79%) Brits are experiencing scalp issues (i.e. dandruff, a sensitive or tight, itchy scalp).
Philip Kingsley knows all too well that an irritated scalp can really get you down and that’s why their team of expert Trichologists have formulated their Flaky/Itchy solutions, helping to restore the scalp’s microflora balance for a clearer, calmer scalp.
Anabel Kingsley, Brand President and Consultant Trichologist at Philip Kingsley, noted: ‘Our clients often tell us they are hesitant to use dandruff shampoos through fear they will damage the health of their hair, making it feel dry and stripped of moisture.“
President Anabel Kingsley explained how to promote better scalp health:
- Shampoo frequently – Infrequent shampooing can contribute to scalp problems as it leaves excess oils sitting on your scalp. Certain yeasts (called the Malassezia yeasts) thrive in an oily environment – and when these yeasts overgrow, your scalp can become flaky and irritated.
- Avoid trigger foods – Similar foods that affect the skin on your face can impact your scalp. For instance, full fat dairy products, like cheese, as well as very sugary and spicy foods, can flare-up a problematic scalp. Other scalp aggravators are white wine, champagne, and red peppers.
- Stress management – Stress can also cause your scalp to itch. One reason for this is that stress can trigger itch receptors in your skin, causing an itching sensation (but with no underlying scalp condition as the cause). Try different stress management techniques.
- Do not scratch an itchy scalp – It is important not to scratch, as doing so can further aggravate your scalp and initiate an infuriating ‘itch-scratch cycle’. Scratching can also introduce bacteria into the scalp and cause infection.
- Use a dry shampoo with scalp benefits – To clear any scalp issue frequent shampooing is essential, and the Flaky/Itchy Scalp Soothing Dry Shampoo is the only Dry Shampoo on the market that caters for those with a problematic scalp.
Founded in 1957, Philip Kingsley is a leading authority in hair and scalp health, and their products are formulated by the world’s leading trichologists and tailored for every hair texture to provide long term healthy hair. After opening their first clinic in London, another one has just opened in New York.
Philip Kingsley, (1930-2016) was a true visionary in the world of hair care and over his celebrated 65-year-career, he treated the hair – and boosted the morale – of thousands of clients, including actors, models, royalty, professional athletes, beauty journalists and TV personalities.
His passion for hair started at age 16 when he began assisting at his uncle’s hairdressing salon in London’s East End, but he unable to afford university, and so he started saving money to study at the Institute of Trichologists.
Philip Kingsley’s products have made such a name for themselves, that their Swimcap Water Resistant Mask was originally formulated at the request of the US Olympic Synchronised Swim Team and their Multi-award winning Flaky/Itchy range was developed for Sir Laurence Oliver, Oscar winning actor.
Find out more here: www.philipkingsley.co.uk.