Soupologie has just launched their brand new, delicious (and nutritious) plant-based meal-pot range, ‘Foodologie:’ a first-of-it’s-kind in the UK. The new range is PACKED with your five-a-day, and is FREE from all 14 of the main allergens.
This exciting and innovative new range by Soupologie is the perfect choice for healthy lunches and/or easy midweek dinners, and it comes with five super-nutritious, carefully-crafted ‘Plant Pots’ to pick from: each brimming with goodness, and containing under 300 calories.
The full range includes:
- Super-Charged Chilli Verde: This delicious plant-based twist on a classic chilli is just hot enough to tickle the taste buds, whilst making you dizzy with delight at the tasty goodness. Fat-free, it’s also high in fibre, protein and vitamin C, with just 147 calories a pot.
- Bountiful Burrito Bowl: An abundance of beans, sweet potato and tomato comes included in this burrito bowl. It’s fat free, high in fibre, a huge source of protein, and contains 248 calories.
- Lentil And Turmeric Daal: This fragrant, lightly-spiced Plant Pot is high in fibre and full of flavour. Packed with super-food goodness, you’ll nourish and warm your body with all of your 5 a day in this simply daal-icious dish. It’s also a high source of protein, low in fat and contains 213 calories.
- Greek Style Briami: Comforting, vibrantly delicious, good mood food. This Plant Pot is a twist on a classic Briami. It features a beautiful blend of herbs and spices to really enhance the flavours. It’s packed with 12 grams of protein, is low in fat and contains just 279 calories.
- And last but not least, Roasted Roots with Curly Kale: Sweetly roasted root vegetables combined with green super-food royalty, this low fat, high-fibre Plant Pot is rooting for you to eat and live well. 237 calories a pop!
A family affair, Soupologie was launched by husband and wife duo, Stephen and Amanda Argent in 2012, who were motivated by the idea of making truly delicious, nutritious, plant-based and allergen free food more accessible to everyone.
Stephen, an accountant by trade, – decided to take over the family cooking when Amanda’s attempts too often ended in disaster. Ahem.
After he started to make vegetable soups for their four daughters, he was encouraged by friends and family to take his delicious home-made soups to a local Christmas Fair, and he was overwhelmed by how quickly the soups sold, and the lovely compliments he received about the flavours.
As a result, Soupologie was launched to much acclaim later on that year as the original plant-based, vegan and ‘free-from’ fresh soup.
The brand is now a HUGE success story, becoming the top-selling soup brand in Whole Foods Market since 2012, and since 2014 – the company has been a long established top-selling supplier to Ocado. Also, not only have their products been available in Waitrose since 2016, but they have just secured a nationwide deal to take the full Foodologie range into 450 Tesco stores.
This year, their next step is bringing their expertise into the world of meal pots, with the help of their youngest daughter, Anastasia.
Anastasia Argent, the Head of NPD at Foodologie, said:
“After studying at Leiths and as a vegan for many years, it became a real passion of mine to push the boundaries with my recipe creation and make plant-based meals as tasty and as creative as possible. It’s been brilliant to bring my recipes into the family business and we all believe launching convenient, innovative, healthy meal pots, which contain ALL five of your 5 a day will be a real game changer!”
Foodologie’s ‘Plant Pots’ are now available at Tesco stores nationwide and on their website, and they come in/with fully recyclable packaging.
Plus, their new cookbook, ‘Soupologie 5 A Day Soups: Your 5 A Day In One Bowl,’ by Anastasia Argent is available on www.octopusbooks.co.uk, now.