Dog-G8: The Safety Gate (That Stops Your Pets From Escaping)
“Since appearing on BBC Dragons Den, Dog-G8 gate orders have flooded in. Now, we’re going to concentrate on the retail side of our business,” said Peter Maxted.
“Keep your pets from escaping…”
Launched in 2018, Dog-G8 is a Horsham-based family business – that makes high-quality dog-safety gates:
- They’re UK-made,
- They feature a concertina, modular, retractable design that’s incredibly versatile – to be used in multiple configurations (including front doors, stairways, hallways, motor-homes, and more),
- The modular design enables the gates to be spanned to any width – allowing them to be fitted to the widest of configurations, including patio doors (where standard, conventional gates cannot fit),
- They’re made from mild steel,
- They’re coated in a chrome or a white powder coat,
- They’re bolted together with bespoke, customised clips (giving the gate(s) strength and durability),
- They’re available in two colours (chrome and white), and:
- They can be used in horse boxes, motor-homes, and caravans (perfect for when you’re parked up at campsites or beaches – where perimeters cannot be formed, but you wish to have the door open).
Dog-G8’s Founder Peter Maxted has been a pet sitter for 20+ years, and a dog owner for the same amount of time. He was largely aware of the risks associated with dogs and front doors (ie. escapes, attacks, and thefts). Although there were other gates on the market, “they were inadequate and ineffective,” so he decided to make and sell his own.
Since launching, the brand has experienced huge growth, with customers in the UK, Canada, the United States, and Europe. The product went viral on TikTok and Facebook – attracting 80 million+ organic views across all videos. It was well received at Crufts 2022, too. Lastly, Dog-G8 won SBS (Theo Paphitis’ Small Business Sunday) in 2021, and this year, the father-son-business-duo appeared on Dragons’ Den.
Find out more here: https://www.dog-g8.com