The Wellbeing Sisters ARE BACK… With A New Chemo Care Box.
In this piece, we welcome back the Wellbeing Sisters, who have launched a BRAND NEW Chemo Care Box, for women who are preparing for, or undergoing chemotherapy.
The boxes are PACKED full of chemo-friendly products, including:
- Toxin-free skincare products (that are completely safe to use during treatment and after),
- A can’t-live-without repair-all balm,
- A beautiful journal (to record important information and to support mental health),
- A gorgeous tea to help ward off nausea,
- And more.
This box was inspired by a heart-breaking turn in the Wellbeing Sisters’ journey. At the end of last year (2021), Natasha Gold received the news that her Mum had developed Oesophageal cancer.
“When mum received her diagnosis, I set about putting together a care box for her, as she started treatment. SO, I started to read up and learn about what people going through chemo need. I wanted to help make a truly awful time, just a little less… well, sh*t! And Mum loved it. Then, I put together another box for another friend who was going through chemo. She loved it too,” said Natasha.
The Chemo Care Box Includes:
- A Vegan Leather Notebook: keeping a diary helps you to remember and relay details to your medical team, and act as a reference. When you’re feeling rubbish, you can look back at previous cycles, and track when you might start to feel better again.
- The Ere Perez Papaya SOS Marmalade: Chemotherapy can wreak havoc on your skin, with dryness and cracking (especially around the lips and the fingertips). This incredibly nourishing balm is a true hero for soothing, and for healing dry, cracked skin.
- The Make Skincare Body Rejuvenate: This luxuriously nourishing body cream will soften, heal, and restore your skin from head to toe. Cocoa and shea butter, apricot kernel oil, vitamin E and aloe vera moisturise, protects and soothes the skin.
- The HotTea Mama Morning Rescue Tea: Originally developed for morning sickness during pregnancy, this delicious whole leaf tea is a real saviour for nausea (a common chemo side effect).
- The Green Tea Konjac Sponge: As well as providing Green Tea’s soothing benefits, using this sponge also reduces the amount of soap/cleanser needed, reducing the likelihood of skin irritation.
The Wellbeing Sisters was born out of Co-Founder, Natasha Gold’s frustration and personal battle with unsuccessful IVF. As a result, she was left wondering what else she could do to increase her chances of pregnancy.
Medical specialists repeatedly told her that there was “nothing more she could do,” but of course, she wasn’t prepared to accept this. So, she started to do her own research, and she spoke to professionals, and this led her to change her diet, to try out nutritional supplements, and to switch to non-toxic products.
In 2019, having made significant lifestyle changes, Natasha and her partner tried IVF with Natasha’s eggs one last time, and the result was: they welcomed their first child in November 2020.
Since launching, the business has clocked up a large social media following, and they’ve been featured in the Metro, and in Country & Townhouse’s “Best New Beauty Boxes.”
Also, the duo successfully secured crowdfunding of 150k+ to develop their business, which has allowed them to invest in marketing and growth, rebrand, and hire a scientific researcher.
To find out more about the Wellbeing Sisters’ other subscription boxes, you can read our previous feature here.
Find out more here: https://www.wellbeingsisters.com